Visual Auditing - Order Validation And Package Auditing System
An Automated Visual Auditing System
A Picture Tells the Story! Realize the Benefits of Numina's Automated Package Auditing Process.
- Automated Package Auditing Reduces Shrinkage and Duplicate Shipments
- Reduce Labor and Paperwork Costs with Visual Package Auditing
- Internet/Intranet Browser Based Image Review
- Vision Capture Verifies Shipped Cartons (Top - Side - Contents)
- Eliminate Picking and Shipping Errors With Package Auditing
- Electronic Operation Transactions History
- Improve Customer Service Through Automated Visual Auditing
Vision Capture For Distribution Systems
Vision Capture System, VCS is a computer-based image data collection system that provides real-time captures of case contents or full case visual auditing for Manufacturing and Distribution Centers. Numina's Vision Capture System utilizes high-speed digital color cameras along with identification data from barcode scanners to capture an image of the top, side, and/or contents of a case. Our versatile visual auditing system can be used for both stationary or in-motion applications.
VCS provides the tools to verify and audit package shipments to your customers.
The image capture function of our visual auditing system is triggered from the barcode reader scanning the shipping/order label. This message triggers the visual auditing cameras to capture the desired view for package auditing. The image data and barcode is stored in a high performance Database allowing a supervisor to efficiently retrieve images based on case order number for a seamless vision auditing process. The images can also be transmitted to the customer's host system for order tracking, order delivery verification, quality vision audits, and to satisfy regulatory agency compliance requirements.
Reports and Inquiry: A Windows NT Workstation manages images from the camera and carton-tracking numbers. The package auditing system contains a search feature to inquire on any carton by the order number. When an order number is keyed into the search field, the carton image and time of capture is displayed on the screen. All information is retained on the system for convenient visual auditing whenever needed.
Mounting and Operation Overview: The Vision Capture System is typically mounted prior to the shipping sorter over the induct meter belt. The frame should be fixed to the floor or to the mezzanine platform in such a way that is does not come in contact with the conveyor. The digital visual auditing camera, incandescent lights, a photo-eye, and a scanner are positioned on this frame. As cartons pass beneath the camera for vision capture, they break the photo-eye beam, which triggers the camera to capture the carton image. The bar code scanner is mounted on the top or side of the conveyor (Depending on where the Carton ID Tracking Number is placed) to capture the Carton ID Tracking Number. The visual auditing picture and the carton tracking number are married together in the database for easy package auditing.
Specifications: The Package Auditing Workstation is housed in an Industrial enclosure adjacent to the frame. The vision capture system is powered by an uninterruptible power supply. An air conditioner can be supplied as an option to protect the system in high ambient temperature environments.
Numina Group's packaging auditing system with Vision Capture is an optional on-line image inspection tool. This software module matches learned color and pixel patterns of your product and compares it to the actual image captured in the Vision Capture System. It is used to identify miss-applied bar codes and to determine picking and shipping errors. The visual auditing software module operates in real-time and prevents wrong product from shipping to your customer. This visual package auditing solution provides your facility with an on-line product fulfillment validation. If carton characteristics do not match the known characteristics contained in the SKU's database, the carton is diverted to the exception lane.
Additional Features of the Vision Capture System
- Adjustment vision capture settings for the camera parameters are done through the PC Workstation. All the parameter adjustments are in software.
- High-speed shutter control providing 1/100K image capture without the need of specialty lighting or strobe lighting for package auditing.
- Visual auditing camera includes integral 12x zoom lens with motorized zoom, iris, and focus to easily adapt to each unique installation requirement.
- High-speed fire wire camera interface allows transfer of package auditing images without compressing the file, eliminating lost images or data.
- Browser based package auditing tools allows access to the data from several departments without the need of any special software.
Contact us for more information about our Vision Capture System for accelerated visual package auditing.
The Numina Group is one of the USA's leading independent material handling system integrators and package auditing system suppliers. Our automation solutions include: automated visual auditing system, automated package audit solutions, warehouse controls; material handling controls, automated conveyor systems, warehouse control systems, barcode scanners, pick to light; scan tunnels, pick verification, vision capture for distribution, print and apply; RFID labeling, visual auditing system automation, automated packaging, and carton dimensioning.
Package Auditing | Visual Auditing System | Vision Capture For Distribution By Numina Group